12 May 2011

upcycled.

soaking on the window sill....
Here they are: the upcycled markers. I soaked the dried up markers in water overnight, and the ink colored the water making... watercolor paint!! And then the best part is that the markers are then usable again, but they're more pastel in color, and have a watercolor paint look to them. 
painting with brushes. painting with markers = double the awesome.


We used them today in third grade - I had the students experiment with using both the markers, and painting with brushes dipped in the water.... and I had just as much fun as the third graders

So pretty!!

I started taking their mess ups - trading them for a new sheet of paper - and adding to them - more and more paint - then we traded back - lots of colaborating going on. and lots of fun.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I totally want to frame the one on the left and hang it in my house. So cute!

Unknown said...

thanks megan! you can go steal it from a 3rd grader... I love that one too!!