04 May 2011

today we...today i...

today we: worked on creating a large scale group painting. 
 First, each student in the group drew ideas individually based on a theme/idea/word chosen by the group. these ranged from the basic beauty, peace, love, to the more complex and interesting: light vs. dark, "the flaming future","air, light, nature" and "evo"
 Then students compared sketches and combined them into one composition.
Then we finally enlarged the image and sketched it on large white roll paper. I really liked this one, and then when I looked at the picture, I couldn't stop thinking about how the student's hand in the top right looks kind of like this. except more awkward.

(this project was inspired by the process and project I worked on with studio242 the past few weeks: pictures here)

Today I:
 Repurposed a strawberry container to hold my little notebooks. I've been inspired by Scout books, and I kind of want to make a reproducible book of my own, so I gathered my little idea books together to see what great ideas might be hiding inside their pages.
 I worked a bit on catching up on my card project. I got about three weeks behind, so I've been working on multiple cards at the same time. These are not finished, but they're getting there. slowly.

and finally, ironed some canvas to start another project on.  it will be a cool project. a secret project. so secret that I don't even know exactly what it will be yet.

No comments: