25 May 2011

the end is near.


 We have just over a week left of school, so it's time to break out the super fun projects - like making a paper lizard friend. I saw this on an art lesson website, and I was excited to try it out with some of my students. It turned out to be pretty easy, fast and fun - a great combination for the end of the year! cause lots of us are "checked out" and the kids are getting crazy... one perceptive first grader asked me during a particularly rowdy class this week, "Miss Rokos - would you like me to make you a "do not disturb" sign and tape it on your back?" yes, I wanted to say. yes. that would be nice.
 All the art from the art show is finally off the walls - and the school looks all institutional and colorless now. but I have this amazing tape ball that is coveted by many.
"so, Miss Rokos, I guess you love tea, huh?" yes, kid. I do love tea. and I also love the 3D movie glasses you left in my room with the lenses taken out: the ultimate fake smart glasses.

No comments: