25 January 2011

a project for 2011

it's in the cards
Last year, I started a project on twitter: draw 365 - a challenge to draw every day, and post it to my twitter. it was great... for about 150ish days (I would link to my twitter for the documentation of this, but sadly it was all lost with the deletion of my account - go figure... some pictures are here on flickr.)

So this year, I needed a project that would give me a little more grace - a weekly project, rather than daily sounded good. 52 works to complete in a year. ok, I thought - there are 52 cards in a deck of cards - and a small painting a week is totally do-able.  So I bought a deck, gessoed the fronts, and labeled the backs with weekly dates for the year. And so far, so good. 3 are done. One is on my desk ready to start for this week. Project. begun.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Jill I love you and your creativity :o)

you inspire me!!!

and i miss you