17 February 2011

Classroom update

Love...minus the signature tilted "O"


Italia!
For Valentines day, we studied Robert Indiana, and created our own illustrated words (Love was of course the most popular...) and then google had this logo on Monday - way to tie my lesson into the real world, google! My fifth graders came in all excited today that they had recognized Indiana's style when they were google searching.

Third graders started flag drawings inspired by Jasper Johns. Fourth graders are starting clay maracas, fifth graders are starting monochromatic portraits, and first graders are illustrating poems.

....

And I'm moving tomorrow, so my room is a mess of boxes and bags and it's finally WARM! And I've been keeping up to date with my card paintings... I"ll post pictures of the latest ones soon. I promise. I've also been working on some wooden initials for a baby nursery, and starting a painting for my friend Amanda's baby, who is on his way any day now!

3 comments:

nicverechia@gmail.com said...

AND setting up that sweet art making table/island!

Amanda Nelson xoxo said...

Is this baby you speak of perhaps my baby?? I really enjoyed reading your blog. Love you

Unknown said...

it is!!!! :) love you too! and I'm so excited for you - i hear he's coming on Wednesday!!